Open call creatives: XTC shop 2.0
OPEN CALL FOR CREATIVES: XTC SHOP 2.0
Poppi is looking for a creative to develop a spin-off of our XTC shop. For this, we are making a budget of €7,500 available. In this open call, we describe what we are looking for and how you can respond.
In 2022, Poppi organised an experimental educational exhibition: the XTC shop. In a building in Utrecht, we opened a shop for 2.5 months, containing three interactive versions of an XTC sales point. More information on the project can be found here and the outcome report here.
The XTC shop has received a lot of attention and Poppi is often asked to rebuild the exbibition at events and conferences. We are now looking for a new, mobile form to showcase the XTC shop at events.
We are calling on artists to submit a proposal for a mobile XTC shop. We explicitly invite creatives from different disciplines to respond, from multimedia design to visual arts. We are looking for an artist who can innovatively create a XTC shop that provides food for thought. Think: projections, 3D print templates, video images, prints or other smart materials. The idea behind the XTC shop is to playfully show the public what the regulated sale of XTC could look like.
At the same time, it is an experiment to poll the public’s opinion, and find out how the public would like to shape the sale itself. Is advertising allowed in the shop? Is there a cap on the amount of pills you can buy? Do you have to be medically checked beforehand? And so on.
The final product should meet the following criteria:
- Interactive: people should be able to participate in the study
- Buildable within 4 hours
- Easily transportable, or digitally sendable (i.e. light and low volume)
- Makers from Europe can submit a proposal.
- Production budget is €7,500. This includes people hours and materials.
- You can access existing materials and incorporate them into your design (3 counters, large prints, props, 360 images, 3 tablets for the research component).
- Deadline for application: 15 September 2023
- Product delivery: January 2024
Send your proposal including realistic budget and portfolio to email@example.com by 15 September. For more information about the assignment, please contact Poppi’s curator Guido at firstname.lastname@example.org.